|“||A cutting edge technology that temporarily shifts the hull into a pocket dimension, obscuring it from sight and allowing projectiles to pass through.||”|
|— Cipher Event Trailer|
Screens are an alternative defense that came along with the Pharmakon faction.
Screens are similar to shields in terms of protection: instead of Shield Energy, Phase Energy is used to protect the ship or module from harm. A major difference between the two is that Phase Energy can recharge even when fully depleted; in fact, Phase Energy can passively increase and decrease according to the stats Phase Screen Charge and Phase Screen Drain. The Phase Energy capacity is denoted as the Screen Energy. For more details, read the Phasing page.
Effects which target shields do not apply to screens. This includes Shield Damage, Shield Bypass, Shield Defense, and so on. Moreover, Shield Mass and Shield Energy modifiers do not apply to screens.
Screen resistance functions identically to that of shields: it is not affected by resistances that target Health.
- Phasing has undergone a major revamp in the early November 2019 update, which drastically changed the function of screen-related stats:
- Screen Energy, Phase Screen Charge and Phase Screen Drain is now group (fleet)-based instead of individual (ship)-based. Modifiers are stacked across the entire group.
- The role of damage absorber has been passed on from Screen Energy to Phase Energy.
- Taking damage now reduces Phase Energy in the same manner that it previously reduced Screen Energy.
- Excess damage that causes the Phase Energy to fall below zero directly damages the health in the same manner as when Screen Energy is fully depleted.
- Phase Threshold, the minimum Screen Energy required to enter Phase State, has been abolished.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Ship Screens (7 P)