|Combat Module||Combat Module (XI+ Stats)||Combat Module (Upgrading)|
|“||The Combat Module supports many components, and attaching a turret is the best way to protect a base.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
Stats (X-)[edit | edit source]
|Max. Mass||200 t||280 t||390 t||550 t||770 t||1,080 t||1,510 t||2,110 t||2,950 t||4,130 t|
|Time||3m 31s||4m 58s||5m 38s||7m 56s||11m 13s||15m 50s||22m 22s||31m 36s||44m 37s||1h 03m 00s|
Note: Upgrade stats can be found here.
General[edit | edit source]
The Combat Module is the primary defense against base incursions from other rebels and various NPC factions, with the ability to equip a turret (i.e. weapon for base).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
It is recommended to have a mix of both short- and long- range weapons to defend against the two main types of base attacks: blitzing and sniping. The short-range weapons should adequately cover the blind spots of the longer-ranged weapons such that you always get to fire at the enemy, even if they manage to sit in the middle of your base.
Combat Modules inflict a lot of Collateral Damage when destroyed, so avoid clustering them. Also avoid putting too many of them next to essential modules such as the Ship Factory and The Bridge. However, spreading them too far apart risks allowing the enemy to pick them off one by one from long range, so a balance should be achieved.
You cannot control the action of Combat Modules: their AI always fires at the closest valid target, which leads to the use of decoys. Decoys are ships specifically set up with high mobility and/or durability, intended to draw fire so that other ships, usually destroyers, can attack unmolested.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Combat Modules have a power-up animation when targets get in range for the first time during combat.
- A Thermal Ray Turret I is automatically equipped to new Combat Modules.
- Combat Module XII gained 2 Resistor Slots in the early May 2019 update.
- All Miner Rebellion modules (except Terminus Mines) received Anti-Pierce in the mid-January 2020 update which is basically infinite Counter Pierce.
- The Combat Module XIII-XIV was released in the late March 2020 update. In the same update, it received increased DPS at all levels.
- The Combat Module had its build and upgrade times reduced by 30% up to level XII in the late April 2020 update.
- Levels XV-XVII were silently added in the late May 2021 update.